Mexico City South Mission | Av. Progreso 106, 3' Piso | Barrio Santa Catarina, Coyoacan | 04010 Mexico, Distrito Federal | Mexico

Wednesday

Hi Family

This week was great! 

The night before my birthday, I had one of the most powerful experiences that I have ever had on my mission. We taught an inactive member about the atonement of Jesus Christ. I asked her how she would feel if Jesus Christ were to visit her in home. 

She told me that she would feel unworthy, because she has a problem with smoking. I challenged her to make the appropriate changes in her life so that she would feel more worthy if Christ were to visit her. The Holy Ghost must have borne witnesses of the truthfulness of our words, because after the lesson she said, ¨Watch what I`ll do¨

She took her box of cigarettes, broke each cigarette in half and threw it in the garbage. 

I felt a renewed sense of commitment after this lesson, and an overwhelming understanding of the spiritual battle that is taking place-Satan contending for the hearts and minds of the children of God, and our Heavenly Father on the other side, pleading for His children to choose the right. 

My birthday was amazing! Despite being in a new ward, everyone was very welcoming and friendly. We ate at the bishop`s house, sung the Mexican version of Happy Birthday, and ate a delicious chocolate cake. 

It was a great week

-Hermana Schuetz

No comments:

Post a Comment