Mexico City South Mission | Av. Progreso 106, 3' Piso | Barrio Santa Catarina, Coyoacan | 04010 Mexico, Distrito Federal | Mexico

Tuesday

Hello Family!! :)

Hi Everyone!!

This week was a great week! Although it is cold, the sun has been shining which brightens the day :) 

Our branch president has assigned us to write a talk (in Spanish) every week on an assigned topic. When Sunday comes, he announces from the pulpit who will be speaking. I was called on this past Sunday to speak about Enduring to the End. I had prepared very little, but I I had thought a great deal about the topic, and so I was able to speak somewhat fluently. Everyone congratulated me at the end and said that I did well. One of the counselors of the president said that I speak Spanish well. 

One of our investigators agreed to be baptized :-) It was a great accomplishment for our companionship. 

We listened to a talk given by Richard G. Scott a few days ago that I thought was very powerful. He spoke about being able to listen to the impressions that come to you. He said if you were to put a chili and a grape in your mouth at the same time, you would only taste one. It was a great comparison. 

I want to bear my testimony to each of you of the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This gospel is the truth. It is the fullness of the Everlasting Gospel, with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ at the head. It was restored by Joseph Smith, a prophet of God who did in reality see God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. 

And I am so happy to be a part of it :)

I would like to challenge you (especially at this season, but also throughout your life) to write down the mercies of the Lord in your life each day. I've been doing that exercise lately, and it has blessed me in ways beyond comprehension. 

There are many wonderful little gifts that we receive throughout the day that we overlook as normal, when in reality they may be expressions of the love of God for His children. 


I hope you have a great week :-)

-Hermana Schuetz

No comments:

Post a Comment