Mexico City South Mission | Av. Progreso 106, 3' Piso | Barrio Santa Catarina, Coyoacan | 04010 Mexico, Distrito Federal | Mexico

Tuesday

Hi Family

Hi Everyone!!

The package that you sent me was beautiful. It arrived on Christmas Eve. Everything you sent was very thoughtful, particularly the Family History information. I really enjoyed reading the stories in it on Christmas Day

Christmas at the MTC was incredible!! The was strong and the messages were powerful. We were able to hear from Elder David A. Bednar. He did a very unique thing that has never before been done at the MTC. Somewhere around two hundred cell phones were passed out to the audience so that the missionaries could text him a question that he would answer. 

He answered all the questions that he could. His words were powerful and inspiring. He highlighted a scripture that was very meaningful to him in response to a question. The scripture spoke about Christ receiving the people in the Americas "one by one". He said touching the hearts and minds of individuals "one by one" is a theme throughout the Savior's life. He said that although it is not official doctrine he wonders if when the Savior suffered for us, he thought of and suffered for the sins of each individual, one by one. It was a powerful message. 

I felt close to my Savior on Christmas Day as I listened to the messages and as I felt the Spirit. I am very grateful for that. 

My calling as a missionary is inseparably connected to the meaning of Christmas. There no gift that I could possibly give that is more precious than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I recognize that that is my gift to the Savior. 

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and that you were able to remember the Savior on that day. His love is strong and real. I testify of that. 

Have a wonderful week

-Hermana Schuetz

No comments:

Post a Comment