Mexico City South Mission | Av. Progreso 106, 3' Piso | Barrio Santa Catarina, Coyoacan | 04010 Mexico, Distrito Federal | Mexico

Monday

Hi Everyone

We had a wonderful church activity this past Friday. One of our investigators participated in a singing number. I was so glad to see him participate. I also enjoyed watching the Women`s Conference on Satuarday. A member helped put a computer in a separate room so that I could watch it in English (along with another American sister missionary). I thought that all of the talks were wonderfully written and given, but I was especially grateful for the talk given by Elder Uchdorf. 

I am hopeful for some of our news investigators. One of them is a close friend of a member. She is reading the Book of Mormon, attending church and has plans to watch general conference with us. I hope that she can continue to progress towards baptism. 

Faith is a principle of action. If we have faith, we act. Peter had a bit of faith and was able to walk of water. But we, just as Peter, must learn to cultivate this faith so that we will not drown in a sea of doubt or disbelief. Faith motivates us, inspires us and moves us to better that we would otherwise be. We are changed from just people and turned into saints--sons and daughters of an all-mighty and all-powerful God. If we have faith, we can do anything. (Matthew 17:20).  On the other hand, if we don`t have faith, we can do nothing. I hope that you will take a bit of time to read what the scripture guide says about faith, and that you will always "fan the flame of your faith" (Jeffery R. Holland). I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior. He knows us He loves us. Trust in Him. Have faith in Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment